1930, Mr K.Kathiravelu founded the Town School in Jalan
He was the school principal from 1930 to 1933. Rev. Father J.P. Francois
purchased the school from him in 1933 and renamed it as St Andrew’s
School. He took over the headmaster role until 1938. He was succeeded
by Rev.Father Dapoirieuse in 1938.
1940, Rev. Father Rene Ashness took over as principal.
The school was temporarily closed in 1942 until 1945
due to the outbreak of World War II.
The school was reopened in 1946 and Rev.
Father Cordeiro took over as principal. In 1947, the
school operated in Jalan Lama and a new school was built
in 1948 in Jalan Hashim and remain there until today.
The school has eighteen students and the late Mr Yeo
Teck Mong was one of the student. Father Cordeiro retired
from the school in 1952. The school had an official opening
in 1949 and Rev Bro Edmund succeeded as the school principal
in 1952 and remained there until 1953.
A new school, St. Andrew’s Continuation
School was started for the over-aged students. In January
1953, Rev. Bro. Finan Owen took over as Principal. A
new school logo was adopted. He left on October 1954.
In October, 1954, the late
Rev Brother Robert O’Sullivan took over as Principal
of the school. The school adopted a new logo in 1955.
He remained as school principal for 25 years until 1980.
He was responsible for the fame of the school. It was
during his tenure as principal that a little unknown
school had earned itself the name and fame as the much
sought after by school-going parents which elbowed their
ways to find a place in the school for their children
education. The school had since missed a great principal
of all times!